Saturday, October 15, 2011

I can't help but feel like we've wasted too much time commemorating the past that's slipped through our fingers, but at the same time, I can't blame them.  The burden of what we've lost weighs heavy on me also, and I suppose that's why I try so hard not to think about it.  These days have become far too short though, and never before have we had to be so careful of what we carry with us, and I'm sure that this is one of those things best left behind so that we might have a chance of carrying on. After all... I can't tell you how many times I've pried those sentiments from the cold clutched hands of the dead.

Unlike the way things used to be, there is no one to learn the lessons the dead leave behind for us, so indeed these are the most vein of sacrifices.  All I can really ask for is that I don't end up being found by someone who's doing the same to be, that this thing I'm trying to keep alive will make it somewhere I can be sure it will be safe even after I'm gone.  I know that's asking a lot, but after all we've been through, I don't deserve anything less.  In the end it probably won't be up to me, we can only stay on the run like this for so long until it catches up  to us, I've seen it time and time again, but that never seems to stop us from running does it?  Maybe that's why there's still people out there trying so hard to hold it together... But again...  We all know where that ends up.  The road ahead has never been so dark as it is now, and its never been easy thing to get anyone to march into that, but one thing I know is that if we don't try, we don't stand a chance....

No comments: