Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Why Now?

Why now?
An old classic of a question, and a stupid one at that, yet we cannot seem to stop ourselves from asking it can we?  I never thought you’d come back, that’s the gods honest truth.   
I buried you a long time ago and thought I ran away more than fast enough to get away in time, but I guess there’s some things that are just meant to be. 
Just like this awful dance between you and me. 
The rhythm of it is too subtle to really notice, so it always seems like some of these steps just come out of nowhere, but I know it’s just the world bringing me back to you one way or another.  Maybe this is just its way of telling me I’d better keep up, because we all know what being left behind means, after all, isn’t that what I’ve been though through this whole time?  Chasing that name on the tip of my tongue that faint memory of your touch, and all the nights I’ve laid awake wondering if you were out there somewhere dong the same…  Even the strongest of men have to come face to face with their moments of weakness, no doubt, this has been one of them, but the need to press on is all I have left, it’s what gets us through this, and what carries these broken hearts into tomorrow.

No comments: