Monday, October 19, 2009

The Game - Date Unknown

The point of all this up until now was to keep me on my toes.
To keep me second guessing.
It was all about throwing me off.
But like any game of catch, the ball always ends up landing in the once place you don’t want it to.
They had hoped that a big “beware of dog” sign would be enough to keep me out, keep me afraid of looking for the truth.
But they didn’t do their homework.
After all, I managed to put it together this far.
I managed to get a step ahead of them…
When you back something into a corner you can’t expect anything less than a violent last-ditch effort. And just like clockwork, the moon, or anything else you can put a sure buck on, they lashed out and tried to throw me off guard.
But it was too late for them.
I’d had my fill of it.
So I took my time.
I laid it out for them.
Where they went wrong.
Where they slipped up.
Each mistake and its devastating consequence.
I wanted to make them feel stupid.
So I took my time.

No comments: