Thursday, October 29, 2009

Truth - Date Unknown

I have a hard time using words like “believe” and “truth” with a straight face these days, because now they don’t mean anything. Everything I knew to be true has gone out the fucking window, even the big stuff but somehow I catch myself all the time slipping those words into sentences, as if they still mean something. But they don't, not anymore, and that’s how this thing has won. Survivors need solid ground to stand on, those big things that never slip up. The sun comes up every day. The world always brings you crashing to the ground.
And all of us.
Someday.
Die.
But not anymore, not after that day. Things changed and no one knows why.
I’ve heard it all and every idea is as pointless as the next. Even after all that has happened the survivors try to reason and rationalize what’s going on, and right there is the problem. This is an attack on reason.  It defies logic, conventional wisdom, and hundreds of millions of years of gut instinct. Its nature is beyond wrapping your head around because while you try, they sneek up on your busy mind and get you. So there are only two options left.
Live or die.
Survive, or let them get you while you’re busy “dealing with it”.
Hah, that’s one thing that always got me. “We’re dealing with it.” There is this compulsion in people to require a moment to indulge their emotions, but one you go down that road, you lose ground and they'll get you in no time.  I’ve seen it a hundred times before.  They take their eye off the road ahead and get sucked into that sinking sadness. It’s become a venom that puts us down so they can come collect their pray.
Like I said.
I’ve seen it a hundred times before.
I’ve heard all the arguments, heard about “the importance in understanding” but all that talk got us this far and that ain’t saying much is it?  If they didn’t have their heads up their asses, we might have had a chance. But’ instead they fought, bickered, wasted time, energy and resources on countless arguments as to the nature of it all.
But again.
Nowhere is where it’s gotten us.
To me it all seems so pointless, because the truth? Is been right in front of us this whole time, right in our hands.
My sword is my truth.
In this world where all the rules have gone out the fucking window it has never lied when I struck it in the right place. Even these abominations that go against everything we though we knew, cannot stand up to its truth. And that is why I always keep it close.

No comments: