Thursday, November 12, 2009

Goodbye - Date Unknown

I kiss her one last time.
You stupid girl.. 
Did you really think I gave a shit about something so trivial and part of a world we’ve lost forever? 
What the fuck am I supposed to do now? 


Up until this, everything has been for you and I can’t remember taking a breath that wasn’t destined to carry your name on it. 
But now. 
You leave me here with nothing but one last kiss and a promise to take with me.  I don’t think I have ever felt anything so heavy, yet somehow out of the depths of myself comes a burdened strength.
It’s not something to be proud of. 
It comes from a true weakness to do the right thing. 
Instead of being strong where it counts.
Instead of shedding the things that slow me down. 
I dig deep, and I load my back until it almost breaks. 
I tell myself all the time that I carry this because it’s a reminder of what we fight for. 
A hope of a world where we might be able to keep our promises again. 
That if I break it, I burn everything and anything she ever meant to me. 
The truth?
The truth is…
I’m not strong enough to do what I should have.
Burry it with her.

No comments: