Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Untitled - Date Unknown

If I believed in such a thing as the soul I would probably tell you how crushed it feels right now. 
I’ve felt lost before in every sense of the word but this is different.  It’s gotten so bad that every direction I go in seems like the wrong one, and every step I take feels like a march towards the end.
I’ve been expecting to see more than this, each sign of humanity I come across is quickly met with disappointments familiar face.  Like a ghost coming out to remind me how scared I should be.  Even the sway of shoulders in the distance or footsteps in the snow bear the signs of decomposition. 
That Swagger.
That calmness only the dead could enjoy.
I don’t know how long it has been since I’ve found another person, and at this point I would settle to find a snap-case who wanted to kill me just so I knew I wasn’t alone.

No comments: